Sydney Breast EndocrineDr Hong Xia a highly accomplished medical specialist and consultant in endocrine, breast and general surgery, he has been working in St George and Sutherland for over 10 years, having commenced consultant private practice in South East Sydney in 2013, he has joined the Breast and Endocrine Surgery Unit at St George Hospital.
Dr Xia graduated with honors through the University of New South Wales (MBBS) and is a fully qualified fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS), he undertook two years of intensive fellowship training in breast endocrine and Head and Neck surgery at St George, Liverpool, Campbelltown, Coffs Harbour, Nowa and Sutherland Hospitals. These units have well known training programs with competitive appointments valued by local, interstate and overseas surgeons. Also performing nasoendoscopy and utilizes intra-operative nerve monitoring to ensure the best voice outcomes.
- Fluent in speaking Mandarin
- Director of Advanced Surgical Training at St George Hospital (SET)
- College representative in the Southern Sydney network
- Appointed to Breast screen NSW
- Publication in American journal surgery and presents presentations at internal and national conferences
- Active member of the St George Breast Cancer Multidisciplinary Committee